20070406




I really want to make a more evolved iteration of the above work, although it seems like enclosure is still an issue - after all of the testing with the Generative envelope, and site intervention, I really like the idea of the trash library growing out of the alley, which naturally provides a vertical circulation corridor for books to travel from the vip stacks(below ground) to the vip reading rooms (high up, near offices), as well as for people. Walking down lafeyette st, you can pass through the library daily, programed for cafe space / new collection reading rooms / maybe I can make the connection to the conceptual "drift" of litter), in this act though there is an active exchange of information b/t the user and the constantly updated archives of the library -

below however, I am not so sure my system works so well as a population of the generative envelope001 I was working with - it seems much more static than the above image, and my concept is related to the drift and a library that is constantly updating / changing so this doesn't seem to be the best proposal.



I am also speculating that the webbed surface enclosure can be populated by mc_brad_623 similar to this image (thanks jonas for the photo) :

No comments: